WP Shopping Cart Installation
1. Unzip and Upload the folder ‘wordpress-paypal-shopping-cart’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Go to Settings and configure the options eg. your paypal email, Shopping Cart name, Return URL etc.
4. Use the shortcode to add a product to a post or page where you want it to appear.
WP Shopping Cart Usage
Step 1: To add the ‘Add to Cart’ button simply insert the following shortcode to a post or page next to the product description:
[wp_cart_button name="PRODUCT-NAME" price="PRODUCT-PRICE"]
Replace PRODUCT-NAME and PRODUCT-PRICE with the actual name and price.
Here is an example usage of the shortcode:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="19.95"]
Step 2: To add the shopping cart to a post or page, insert the following shortcode to a post or page.
Using in a template file
If you want to add a purchase button in your theme’s template file then do the following:
1. To add the ‘Add to Cart’ button from template (.php) files use the following function:
<?php echo print_wp_cart_button_for_product('PRODUCT-NAME', PRODUCT-PRICE); ?>
Replace PRODUCT-NAME and PRODUCT-PRICE with the actual name and price. Example:
<?php echo print_wp_cart_button_for_product('wordpress', 7.50); ?>
2. To add the shopping cart to the sidebar, simply use the widget from the widgets menu or add the following line to your sidebar template file where you want the shopping cart to appear.
<?php echo print_wp_shopping_cart() ?>
Display a Product Box
Read the following documentation that explains how you can use a shortcode to display a nice product box for your product(s):
Example Post/Page Editor Content with Shortcode
The following is a screenshot of the WordPress post/page editor showing how the ‘add to cart’ button and the shopping cart is inserted into a post or page.
Using a Compact Shopping Cart
Use the following shortcode where you want to show the compact shopping cart:
You can add this shortcode in a standard text widget to add the compact cart to the sidebar.
Using Shipping Option
1. To use shipping cost use the “shipping” argument in the shortcode. Here is an example usage:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="19.95" shipping="4.99"]
or use the following php function from your wordpress template files
Please see the How shipping Calculation Works post for more info.
Using Variation Control Option
Variation Control can be used to create products similar to the following screenshot:
1. To use variation control for your product use the variation argument like the following:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="25.95" var1="VARIATION-NAME|VARIATION1|VARIATION2|VARIATION3"]
Here is an example usage:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="29.95" var1="Size|small|medium|large"]
2. To use a 2nd or 3rd variation use the following:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="29.95" var1="Size|small|medium|large" var2="Color|red|green|blue"]
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="29.95" var1="Size|small|medium|large" var2="Color|red|green|blue" var3="Sleeve|short|full"]
Selling Digital Media Files
See the media file selling usage documentation.
Use an User Interface Addon
There is an User Interface addon for this plugin (developed by Svetoslav Marinov) which might help you embed the shortcodes easily on a page. You can get this addon from the following link:
Feel free to leave a comment below if you are having any difficulties.
Visit the WordPress Shopping Cart Plugin Page.