Categories: Wordpress Plugin
WordPress Easy Paypal Payment or Donation Accept Plugin is an easy to use WordPress plugin to Accept Paypal payment for a service or a product or Donation in one click. Can be used in the sidebar, posts and pages.
After receiving numerous requests, I have added multiple currency support and a donate button option to this WordPress plugin. See the change log section below.
WordPress admins can also configure this plugin with a ‘Donate’ button to receive donations through PayPal.
A while back I was looking for a WordPress plugin to use on one of my sites to accept payment for a simple service without the Customers having to log in to my site or become a member and stuff like that. I couldn’t find a simple enough WordPress plugin that does the job so I wrote one myself. One of my friends used it and suggested that I should make this plugin available for others to use. So I tidied up some code and decided to release it.
The Plugin can be configured to accept payment for a service or a product in one click.
The Plugin can also be configured to accept donation too. See the screenshots for example.
This plugin does not give you a shopping cart or e-commerce functionality. Those features may be added in the future releases. Check out the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin, If you are looking for an e-commerce plugin for your WordPress site.
WordPress PayPal Payment Plugin Installation
1. Unzip and Upload the folder ‘WP-accept-paypal-payment’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Go to Settings and configure the options eg. your email, Subject text etc.
4. Add the following trigger text/shortcode to a post or page where u want it to appear. see the Usage section for more details.
WordPress PayPal Payment Plugin Usage
There are three ways you can use this plugin:
1. Add the following shortcode to a post or page.
2. Call the function from a template file:
3. Use the ‘WP Paypal Payment’ Widget from the Widgets menu.
Usage with Shortcode to Create Multiple PayPal Payment Widget
You can also use the following shortcode to create a PayPal payment button on the fly
[wp_paypal_payment_box email="email@example.com" options="Payment for Service 1:15.50|Payment for Service 2:30.00|Payment for Service 3:47.00"]
Optionally, you can add some more parameters in the above shortcode to customize the currency code, reference title and return page URL. Here is an example usage:
[wp_paypal_payment_box email="firstname.lastname@example.org" options="Payment for Service 1:15.50|Payment for Service 2:30.00|Payment for Service 3:47.00" currency="USD" reference ="Your Email Address" return="the-return-url-page"]
This shortcode can be used anywhere on your site and as many times as you want with different values to accept payment for another product or service.
Download Latest Version (v2.9)
Download the Plugin.
- Version 2.9
- Fixed a minor bug with the PayPal buy button shortcode
- Version 2.8
- Added a custom shortcode option where all the parameters can be specified in the shortcode. this will allow you to create multiple paypal payment widget in various places of your site.
- Version 2.7
- Added a new shortcode to place the payment accept form
- Version 2.4
- Fixed an issue whereby the decimal numbers were getting stripped from the paypal payment amount.
- Version 2.3
- Added the optional “Other Amount” donation capability
- Added a “Return URL from PayPal” field.
- Made the Reference Text customizable and optional.
- Some widget display tweaks.
- Version 2.2.1
- Removed the link to settings option from the widget panel.
- Version 2.2
- Added multiple currency support.
- USD US Dollar
- GBP Pound Sterling
- EUR Euro
- AUD Australian Dollar
- CAD Canadian Dollar
- NZD New Zealand Dollar
- HKD Hong Kong Dollar
- Added Multiple Button Types.
- Pay Now button
- Donate button
- Added multiple currency support.
- Version 2.1
- Added Widget Support.
- Added more payment options (up to six).
- Fixed up some minor ‘html’ bugs.
Feel free to leave your comments. We like comments
How to collect the Shipping Address from the customer
You don’t really need to collect shipping address from the customers manually as they can specify a shipping address when paying on PayPal. So this is how it works:
- A customer clicks on the Pay Now/Buy Now button and goes to paypal to pay for the product or service.
- The customer fills in the credit card details or logs into his/her paypal account and reviews the order
- Now before hitting the “Pay Now” button the customer can specify a shipping address by clicking on “Change Shipping” that is shown below the default shipping address.
- After payment, PayPal will send you a payment confirmation email which will have this postal address so you can ship the item.
If you need help wth this plugin (such as additional currency support etc) or if you find an issue with the plugin then leave a comment.
Don’t forget to check out the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin which also allows you to sell proucts and services sitewide and has shopping cart functionality or the WordPress Donation Plugin which allows you to receive a simple donation.
If you are looking for a professionally supported, feature rich and robust way to sell products or services then checkout our WP eStore plugin.