The WP Affiliate Platform can be used to capture leads (potential customers) so you can award the appropriate commission to the referrer later once you have made some money from the lead.
The WP Affiliate Platform can be setup to be used with the following two types of Pay Per Lead affiliate model
- You pay the referrer a commission for every lead that the affiliate sends your way (the commission is awarded when the lead takes an action on your site e.g. submits a contact form)
- You pay the referrer when you make actual money from the lead that the affiliate sent your way (the commission is awarded when a sale is made to that lead later). For this model you need to capture the lead so you know who originally referred that lead. This allows you to award the appropriate commission later.
This documentation explains how you can capture lead using the Contact Form 7 and WP Affiliate Platform plugins
Capture Leads Using the Contact Form 7 and WP Affiliate Platform Plugins
Step 1: Install the Contact Form 7 plugin
Step 2: Follow the Contact Form 7 plugin’s documentation to setup a contact form so your visitors can submit their details via a contact form
Step 3: Make sure you are using WP Affiliate Platform version 5.0.4 or above
Step 4: Go to the settings menu of the Affiliate Platform plugin and check the “Enable Contact Form 7 Lead Capture” field then save the settings.
All done! Now when a visitor submits the contact form you configured in step2, it will capture the lead. You can view all the leads in the “Manage Leads” menu of the Affiliate Platform Software.
The captured lead details will look similar to the following screenshot:
- Email = The email address of the lead/visitor (the value comes from the “your-email” field of the contact form)
- Name = The name of the lead/visitor (the value comes from the “your-name” field of the contact form)
- Referrer ID = The affiliate ID of the affiliate who sent this visitor to your site
- Reference = The ID of the contact form from the contact form 7 plugin (If you have multiple forms you will know which form this lead came from)
Note: We now provide technical support for our premium plugins via our customer only support forum