You can do some cool stuff with eMember’s section protection feature. I will give you a simple example in this page to demonstrate it.
Lets define what behavior we want first…
- I want to show some content to a user who comes to page as an anonymous user (someone who is not logged in as a member)
- I want to show a text message with a link in green to users who are logged into the site as a free member
- I want to show a YouTube video to users who are logged into the site as a silver member
Now, do the following to see how this dynamic content serving will work to show different content to your users based on their membership status:
- Copy the URL of this page and open it in a different browser where you are not logged into this site as a member (alternatively log out from the site). Take note of the content you can see now.
- Log into the site as a free member and come back to this page (you should see a message in a green box that you couldn’t see earlier)
- Log into the site as a silver member and come back to this page (you should see an additional YouTube video in this page that you couldn’t see earlier)
If you log into the site as a member then you will see more content that is not visible to you right now.