The Gravity Forms (contact form plugin) can be integrated with the WP Affiliate Platform Plugin to pay commission to your affiliates for every lead they send your way.
The following integration steps shows how you can use the Gravity Forms plugin to pay per lead (per contact form submission where the user came from an affiliate referral).
Note: Paying affiliate commission for every lead they send your way can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. A better alternative is to capture the lead and then only pay commission to the affiliate if you successfully sell anything to the lead. Read the lead capture documentation to learn how to capture a lead.
What can you expect from this integration?
The following points show the usual flow of events that you can expect:
- You place a form created by Gravity Forms on your landing page
- An affiliate sends a visitor to your landing page (The affiliate plugin detects this referral and tracks the click)
- The visitor decides to fill in the form on your landing page.
- After the Gravity form is submitted, the affiliate plugin detects that this user was sent by an affiliate.
- The affiliate plugin awards the appropriate commission to the affiliate who sent this lead.
Gravity Forms Pay Per Lead Integration Steps
Step 1) Add a “Hidden” field to your gravity form:
Step 2) Go to the advanced tab of this Hidden field that you just added to the form and specify the following value in the “parameter name” field:
Also, specify the commission amount that you want to award to your affiliate when a user submits this form (It will only award the commission if the user who submitted the form was referred by an affiliate).
See the following screenshot for better understanding:
Step 3) You can skip this step if you do not want to capture the lead’s email address. If you want to capture the email address then follow the Gravity Forms Lead Capture Instruction in addition to what you have done above.
Now, when your visitors submit this contact form, the affiliate will get a commission for sending the lead and the lead details will also be captured in the WP Affiliate plugin.