Note: An easier way to achieve the same result is to use the 2nd option from the following documentation:
After you install the plugin by default the URL for the affiliates to signup/log into their account has the following URL:
First of all, this is not a mandatory step that you need to perform for the plugin to work. This instruction is here for any advanced user who wants to customize the affiliate view’s URL.
If you want to customize this URL (eg. you want your affiliates login page to be at http://www.your-domain-name.com/affiliates) then you can achieve this in two ways (Please note that a little bit of URL structure knowledge is required for this):
Option 1 (The Redirection method)
1. Download the ‘index.php‘ file that has an automatic redirection to the affiliates page.
2. Open the “index.php” file for editing and update the ‘www.your-domain-name.com’ text with your true domain name.
3. Upload this file to the directory where you want your affiliates to go and signup. (eg. www.your-domain-name.com/affiliates)
Now, when someone visits ‘http://www.your-domain-name.com/affiliates’ the visitor will automatically be redirected to ‘http://www.your-domain-name.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-affiliate-platform/affiliates/’
Option 2 (The Copy Method)
1. Copy the “affiliates” directory (this directory can be found inside the “wp-affiliate-platform” directory) and put it where you want it.
2. Update the ‘misc_func.php’ (located inside the affiliates directory) to have the correct relative location of the ‘wp-load.php’ file.
The ‘misc_func.php’ file uses a wordpress system file called ‘wp-load.php’ so you will have to update the ‘include’ statement at the top of the file (misc_func.php) and enter the correct path of the ‘wp-load.php’ file relative to the target URL. the ‘wp-load.php’ file is located on your wordpress installation directory.
So, for example if you want to move the affiliate URL to http://www.your-domain-name.com/affiliates and your wordpress is installed on the root directory then change the following:
Please leave a comment if you don’t understand a step.