The following is how the default affiliate referral tracking works
- John is referred by affiliate X
- John purchases a product, affiliate X gets a commission
- John later comes back to the site and purchase another product, Affiliate X gets a commission again
If John now gets referred to the site by affiliate Y from a different website, then affiliate Y will start to get the commission from John’s purchases.
The lock customer to affiliate addon changes the above behavior so that the original referrer will always get commission from that user’s purchases.
When Does the Locking Happen?
The customer is locked to the affiliate when he makes a purchase that generates a commission. The following steps will give you a good idea of when the locking takes place:
- An affiliate refers a user to your site or any product page using his affiliate link.
- The user browses the products on your site and then purchase an item.
- As soon as the user (who was referred by an affiliate) purchase an item, it locks him to the affiliate.
- So any future purchase from this user also goes to that affiliate.
Installing the Lock Customers to Affiliates Addon
You can install this addon just like any other WordPress plugin
- Go to the “Add New” plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Click the “upload” tab
- Browse for the addon zip file
- Click “Install Now” and then activate the plugin
Using the Addon
You simply have to keep this addon active and it will lock a customer to the first referrer when the transaction takes place. Any future transactions from that customer will give commission to the original referrer.
Get the Lock Customers to Affiliates Addon
The price of this addon is $39
Please contact us to purchase this addon.