What to Expect from the Stripe Payments and Affiliate Integration
The following points show the usual flow of events that you can expect from this integration:
- You add buy button on your WordPress pages using the Stripe Payments plugin.
- An affiliate sends a visitor to your site (the affiliate plugin detects this referral and tracks the click).
- The visitor decides to buy your product so he clicks on the buy button.
- Clicking on the buy button prompts the visitor to make a payment for the item.
- After the payment is confirmed, the customer gets sent to a “Thank You” page on your site.
- The affiliate plugin detects that this sale was referred by an affiliate so it awards appropriate commission to the referrer.
Stripe Payments Integration Steps
Step 1) Download the stripe payments integration addon.
Step 2) Install and activate this addon.
The plugin will keep tracking the sales when an affiliate referred user purchase something via the Stripe Payments plugin.
Affiliate Tracking via Discount Codes/Coupons
This integration can also award commissions to affiliates matching with discount codes.
If you create a Discount Code that matches the Affiliate ID (of one of the affiliates), then the plugin will award the commission for that transaction (where the discount code was used) to the affiliate ID matching the Coupon code.
For example: Let’s say there is an affiliate profile on your site with affiliate ID XYZ123. You can create a discount code with that same string (XYZ123). Any transaction using that discount code will be attributed to the affiliate with ID ‘XYZ123’.