Installing and Upgrading WordPress Affiliate plugin is very easy. The installation of this plugin is similar to all the other WordPress plugins.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Click the Upload Plugin button
- Browse for the plugin file (wp-affiliate-platform.zip)
- Click Install Now and then activate the plugin
Before you ask…
Yes, the plugin will retain all the previous information that you saved. No data (your affiliate details, settings values etc.) will get lost during the upgrade.
Important Note: Some people have this bad habit of keeping multiple copies of the same plugin in the “plugins” directory. This can cause some problems. Please note that you should only have one version of any WordPress plugin in the plugins directory. If you want to keep backups, then you can keep it in your “uploads” directory or your computer’s hard drive.
With that said, please follow the instructions below when upgrading the WordPress Affiliate Platform plugin from an older version to a newer version:
Preparation: This is optional (unless you have made custom modifications) but it is a good idea to keep a backup of the currently installed version before you upgrade to the latest version.
- Deactivate and Delete the currently installed version of the “WP Affiliate Platform” plugin from the Plugins menu. It is important that you delete the older version of the plugin in this step before performing the next step.
- Upload the new version of the plugin via the WordPress plugin uploader interface.
- Activate the newly uploaded plugin.
Once the plugin is installed, it will track all referrals to any of your blog/site pages.