What can you expect from the Wufoo integration?
The following points show the usual flow of events that you can expect:
- You place a form created using Wufoo on your landing page (a WordPress post or page).
- An affiliate sends a visitor to your landing page (the affiliate plugin detects this referral and tracks the click)
- The visitor decides to fill in the form on your landing page.
- After the Wufoo form is submitted, the affiliate plugin detects that this user was sent by an affiliate.
- The affiliate plugin captures the lead in the lead capture table (the site admin can later check all the leads).
Wufoo Lead Capture Integration Steps
Step 1) Get the Wufoo Integration Addon
You need to get the Wufoo integration addon from us. You can contact us to get it (the price of this addon is $29).
Step 2) Prepare Info for Wufoo Webhook
Once you have the Wufoo integration addon installed and activated on your site, you need to configure the webhook from your Wufoo account. You will need the following two pieces of info to enable the webhook.
Your webhook URL should be the following (replace “yourdomain.com” with your actual domain name).
Webhook Handshake Key:
Use the “secrete word” value as your handshake key. You get the “secret word” from the following interface of the affiliate plugin:
WP Affiliate Plugin Settings -> Integration Related -> Secret Word
Step 3) Setup the Wufoo Webhook
You can setup webhook from the “notifications” tab of your Wufoo form. Check this help documentation which has more info on it.
Now, when your visitors submit the Wufoo form the lead will be captured in the WP Affiliate plugin.
Allowing Visitors to Manually Enter the Referrer ID
If you need to allow your visitors to be able to specify their referrer ID in the form then simply add a field in the Wufoo form with any of the following field title:
- Referrer ID
- Affiliate ID
- How did you hear about us?
This can be useful if your affiliates promote using offline methods.