The WP PDF Stamper plugin requires the following installed on your server
- Recent Version of WordPress (Version 3.0 or higher)
- Recent Version of PHP (Preferably PHP 5 or higher)
- IonCube Loader (this should be installed by default on most servers)
- CURL Library (this should be installed by default on most servers)
- mbstring extension of PHP (this should be installed by default on most servers)
How Do I know If My Site Meets the Minimum Requirement?
- Download the Minimum Requirement Checker plugin
- Upload and activate this plugin via the WordPress plugin uploader interface (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload)
- Once you upload and activate the Minimum Requirement Checker plugin, simply go to the settings menu of this plugin (click on the “Min Req Checker” tab under the “Settings” menu of your WordPress dashboard).
- If you see GREEN checkmarks next to all the requirements you are good (It mean the PDF Stamper plugin will work on your site)
Requirement for the PDF File to be Stamped
- The PDF creator you use must produce a valid PDF file according to the specifications specified by Adobe. (PDF files created by any adobe product, open office, PDF995 etc. are good examples)
- The PDF stamper makes it to where you cannot modify the stamped copy of the PDF file (this is for extra security). Any option in the original PDF file that allows the user to modify the file, will not be available in the stamped copy of the PDF file.
- The PDF stamper needs the PDF file to be hosted on the same site/domain where the PDF stamper plugin is installed. You can’t host the PDF file to be stamped on another server (example: Amazon S3).
Stamping a Large PDF File
What to do if You don’t Meet the Minimum Requirement
IonCube Loader and CURL Library are free libraries that are usually installed on most servers by default. If your server doesn’t have it then you can make a request to your web hosting and given that these are widely used free libraries they should add it to your server.
Your hosting provider can download a free copy of the popular IonCube Loader library from the following site and install it on your server:
If you are not using a recent version of WordPress and PHP then you should consider upgrading it for security reasons anyway. Lot of bugs get addressed in the newer versions so it is always a good idea to stay current.