The WP PDF Stamper plugin requires the following installed on your server
- Recent Version of WordPress (Version 6.0 or higher)
- Recent Version of PHP (Preferably PHP 7 or higher)
- CURL Library (this should be installed by default on most servers)
Requirement for the PDF File to be Stamped
- The PDF creator you use must produce a valid PDF file according to the specifications specified by Adobe. (PDF files created by any adobe product, open office, PDF995 etc. are good examples)
- The PDF stamper makes it to where you cannot modify the stamped copy of the PDF file (this is for extra security). Any option in the original PDF file that allows the user to modify the file, will not be available in the stamped copy of the PDF file.
- The PDF stamper needs the PDF file to be hosted on the same site/domain where the PDF stamper plugin is installed. You can’t host the PDF file to be stamped on another server (example: Amazon S3).
Stamping a Large PDF File
PDF stamper plugin imposes no limit on the PDF file size. You can stamp large PDF files as long as your server can handle it (we have customers who are using this plugin to stamp large PDF files). However, some common knowledge needs to be applied here. For example, if you have a cheap shared hosting account with limited resources but you are trying to stamp a very large file then chances are that your server won’t be able to handle the request and the stamping will fail.