This page has a sample PDF eBook that has been stamped with the WP PDF Stamper plugin. This should give you a good idea of how the PDF stamper stamps the eBook (pay attention to the footer of every page).
Minimum Requirements for the WP PDF Stamper Plugin
The WP PDF Stamper plugin requires the following installed on your server
- Recent Version of WordPress (Version 6.0 or higher)
- Recent Version of PHP (Preferably PHP 7 or higher)
- CURL Library (this should be installed by default on most servers)
Requirement for the PDF File to be Stamped
- The PDF creator you use must produce a valid PDF file according to the specifications specified by Adobe. (PDF files created by any adobe product, open office, PDF995 etc. are good examples)
- The PDF stamper makes it to where you cannot modify the stamped copy of the PDF file (this is for extra security). Any option in the original PDF file that allows the user to modify the file, will not be available in the stamped copy of the PDF file.
- The PDF stamper needs the PDF file to be hosted on the same site/domain where the PDF stamper plugin is installed. You can’t host the PDF file to be stamped on another server (example: Amazon S3).
Stamping a Large PDF File
WP PDF Stamper License Agreement
WP PDF Stamper (Single Site License)
End User License Agreement
Copyright, Tips and Tricks HQ (http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/)
All rights reserved.
By using the software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this license. If you have any questions about the terms below, please contact tipsandtricks-hq.com for clarification.
1.) You must have paid tipsandtricks-hq.com to use the software.
2.) The copyright holder retains all intellectual property rights to the software.
3.) You are granted the right to install the software on a single website.
4.) You may not use code snippets from the software elsewhere (extraction and individual usage of code is not allowed).
5.) You may not re-distribute (either freely, or for any kind of compensation) the software, in whole or in part, to any 3rd party.
6.) You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the software is at your sole risk. No warrantly is provided, either expressed or implied.
Note: We do not have a multi-site license for this product. If you want to buy multiple licenses then we can offer you a discount.
Why Stamp Your PDF eBook?
There are many reasons to stamp your PDF eBooks, but the main one would be to protect your eBook from being shared. The WP PDF Stamper is a unique product. It allows you to dynamically stamp a PDF file with the customer’s details (e.g name, email, address etc.) in the footer. The PDF Stamper can be integrated with a 3rd party payment system or shopping cart (e.g WP eStore). The shopping cart will automatically provide the verified personal information of the customer from the payment gateway to the PDF Stamper which will be used for stamping the footer. This way the true personal details of the customer will be stamped on the PDF eBook as opposed to some fake details.
It is a proven fact that PDF eBooks stamped with personal information such as name, address, email address, phone number are less likely to be uploaded to file sharing sites. Would you upload a file that has your personal information to a file sharing site? Probably not!
Stamping a PDF file also allows you to track down the source of the shared file. If you come accross a shared file then you will be able to track down the person who shared it as the contact information of the original buyer will be stamped in the file.
Here is a quick list of some reasons why you may want to stamp your PDF eBook:
- Track the source of shared files
It all comes down to protecting your assets. Your eBook is your hard work and invested time, which you do not want to go to waste because some people decided to share your eBook on a file sharing site. When you do not protect your asset it’s a lot like leaving your back door unlocked when you go on vacation, anyone can come in and steal your property.