Installing and Upgrading WordPress eStore plugin is very easy. The installation of this plugin is similar to all the other WordPress plugins.
Fresh Installation of WP eStore
First deactivate the WP Simple Paypal Shopping cart plugin if you are using it. WP eStore plugin has all the functionality of the WP Simple Paypal Shopping cart.
- Click on the “Add New” link from the “Plugins” menu inside your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button from the top of this page.
- Browse for the plugin’s zip file (wp-cart-for-digital-products.zip) and hit the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Upgrade WP eStore Plugin
Before you ask…
Yes, the plugin will retain all the previous information that you saved. No data (your product details, settings values etc.) will get lost during the upgrade.
Important Note 1: If you have a live site with high traffic where customers are constantly making purchases then you should consider installing the new version of the plugin on a test WordPress site first to minimize any chance of upgrade related issue taking you out by surprise. Most people prefer to have a copy of WordPress installed in one of the sub-directories for testing purpose (you can install it in a sub-domain too). This way if you face an issue due to upgrading, you can report it to us and while we work on it, your main site won’t be affected.
Important Note 2: Some users have this bad habit of keeping multiple copies of the same plugin in the “plugins” directory. This is the source of many problems. Please note that you should only have one version of any WordPress plugin in the plugins directory at any given time. If you want to keep backups then you can keep it in your “uploads” directory or on your computer’s hard drive.
With that said, please follow the instructions below when upgrading the WordPress eStore plugin from an older version to a newer version:
Do the following steps to upgrade the plugin:
- Deactivate the current version of the WP eStore plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Delete the current version of the WP eStore plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Now, follow the fresh installation steps outlined above to install the plugin.
Don’t be scared to delete the plugin. It will retain all the previously entered settings and product information (no data will get lost during the upgrade).
Basic Usage Guide
Step 1. First add the product(s) to the database through the Add/Edit Products interface. Products can be modified through the Manage Products interface.
Step 2. To add the Add to Cart button simply add the following trigger text to a post or page next to the product.
Replace PRODUCT-ID with the actual product id of the product (example, 1). Product IDs are unique numbers that are automatically created for you when you add a product to the database. All of your products IDs can be found in the Manage Products section.
Step 3. To add the shopping cart to a post, checkout page and/or sidebar simply add the following trigger text to a post or page in HTML view or use the sidebar widget. The shopping cart will only be visible when a customer adds a product in the post or page.
Additional Usage Guidance
- Quick Setup Video Tutorials
- How to Show “Add to Cart” buttons
- How to Use “Buy Now” type buttons
- How to Use “Subscription” type buttons
- How to Use PayPal Donation type buttons
Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Note: We now provide technical support for our premium plugins via our customer only support forum