- Is WP eStore compatible with the latest version of WordPress?
Yes, all of our plugins are kept upto date to work with the latest version of WordPress. We use our plugins on our own site, so it is in our best interest to keep the plugins upto date.
- Are there any ongoing fees for WP eStore plugin?
No, the WP eStore plugin is a one time purchase software.
- Why buy a premium WordPress plugin?
See the why buy a premium WordPress plugin page.
- Is there a limit to the number of products I can have with WP eStore plugin?
No, the WP eStore plugin has no restrictions on the number of products you can have.
- What payment gateways are available?
At the moment the WP eStore plugin has 7 payment gateways that comes with the plugin for FREE (PayPal, 2Checkout, Authorize.net, Manual, BitPay, Google Wallet, eWay Rapid 3.0).
We also have a premium addon that can be used to add a lot more payment gateways to eStore if you need. See the Payment Gateway Details page to learn more.
- Is the eStore plugin PCI compliant?
Yes the eStore plugin is PCI Compliant.
- What autoresponders can be integrated with WP eStore?
WP eStore currently integrates with AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse.
- What themes work with your plugins?
You can use any properly coded theme with our plugins. See this article for more information on what a properly coded theme is. Many of our customers use the following themes with our WordPress plugins.
- WordPress Default Themes
- Themes from WordPress.org Theme Repository
- Child Themes
- I want to sell a downloadable PDF (eBook), does your software cover PDF download and is this fully automatic? I want to leave this site on autopilot and start on a new site.
Yes, the WP eStore plugin is specifically designed to sell digital products securely on Auto-Pilot
- Can I sell services and subscriptions with the eStore?
Yes you can sell services and subscriptions (recurring and non-recurring) with the eStore.
- Does the WordPress eStore plugin work on a WordPress MS (Multi-Site) installation?
- Can the plugin’s language be translated or customized?
Yes, Any of the customer visible text/messages displayed by the plugin can be translated for localization purpose.
- Which languages are already included in the plugin?
The following languages are already included in the plugin:
- Can this plugin be used to accept paypal payment for a digital product?
- Can the PayPal secure merchant ID be used instead of the email to receive payment?
- Does this plugin have shopping cart functionality?
- Can the shopping cart be added to any post, page and sidebar?
- Does this plugin have multiple currency support?
Yes, it can be configured to accept all the currencies that are supported by the Payment Gateway that you are using.
- Is the ‘Buy button customizable?
Yes, you can customize the “buy” button. You can use any button image or customize the text of the default button. This can be done on a global or per product basis.
- Does this plugin use a return URL to redirect customers to a specified page after Paypal has processed the payment?
Yes, typically you will make a ‘Thank You’ page where your customers will be redirected to after payment.
- Can this plugin be used to automatically email the digital product to the buyer after purchase?
- How does this plugin deliver the digital product to the buyer?
The plugin will send an email to the buyer which will contain an encrypted download link that is valid for a configurable amount of time. The buyer will also be able to download the digital products from the “Thank You” page instantly after payment.
- Can I put the downloadable files on a storage site and serve it from there?
Yes, the downloadable files can be stored anywhere on the web (eg. your domain, a storage site, amazon S3) as long as it’s accessible. Customers always receive a link that allows them to download the file but they never know where it’s actually coming from.
- Can I sell large digital files with WP eStore plugin?
The short answer is yes. However, if you plan to sell large files then you must read the document on Selling Large Files with eStore.
- Can I have multiple files per product?
Yes, you can break a large file into smaller files and deliver all the parts upon purchase of the product.
- Can I sell both digital and physical products with the plugin?
- Can I charge sales tax (regional and international) to my customers?
Yes (How to use sales tax)
- What license or licenses are you using for the WP eStore plugin?
- Is a special PayPal account needed for the WP eStore to work?
No, you don’t need any specif PayPal account to use the WP eStore plugin but I think PayPal requires you to have a premium or business account if you want your customers be able to pay you using their credit card. Upgrading to PayPal Premium or Business account is free.
- Does my site need to have an SSL certificate?
No, your site does not need an SSL certificate. The credit cards are accepted on the payment gateway’s site and uses their SSL. However, if you want to use a payment gateway that does on-site checkout (example: Stripe) then you will need an SSL certificate.
- Do I need to buy the product right now?
No, there is no rush or limited sale for this product. However, over time as we add more features to the product the price is increased to match the development effort. Existing customers get free future updates. The only reason for you to buy right now would be to lock in the current price.
Note: We now provide technical support for our premium plugins via our customer only support forum