WP eMember has an “After Login Redirection” feature that you can use to automatically send the members to a specific page (example, members only area) when they log into the site.
How to Enable the After Login Redirection Feature
- Go to the WP eMember Settings menu
- Check the “Enable After login Redirection” checkbox
- Save the settings by clicking the update button at the bottom of this page
How to Configure Which Page to Redirect to
There are 3 options to choose from:
- You can redirect all of your members to a specific page upon login. Simply specify the URL of the page in the
"eMember settings -> Pages/Forms Settings -> After Login Page"field.
- You can redirect members to a specific page based on their membership levels. Specify the URL of the redirect page in the
"Membership Level -> Redirect After Login"field to configure a per membership level specific redirection page.
- You can also redirect on a per user basis (redirect a specific member to a specific page). Specify the URL of the redirect page in the
"Members -> Edit a member's record -> After Login Page URL"field to configure a per user specific redirection page.
Can I Use a Mixture of These Available Redirections?
Yes, you can mix them up. This is how eMember will determine the after login redirection of a user when he/she logs into the site:
- First, it will check if there is a user specific redirection available for the member. If it finds one then it will redirect the member to that page.
- If a user specific redirection is not present, the plugin will check if a membership level specific redirection is configured. If it finds one then it will redirect the member to that membership level redirection page.
- If the plugin can’t find any of the above, it will redirect the user to the global/general redirection page specified under the “Pages/Forms Settings” area.
Do Not Trigger After Login Redirection when Logging in via Inline Login Widget
This option can be used to keep the user on the current page when they are logging in via the inline login widget. The inline login widget is shown when a member clicks on the login link inside a protected post/page.
You can enable the following option in eMember plugin settings:
Prevent After Login Redirection When Logging in via Inline Login Option
When this option is enabled, the after login redirection won’t get triggered when the login action happens via the inline login widget. If the member goes to the standard login page and logs in then the redirection will work as configured in your site.