In this tutorial I will go over how to create a membership site to sell courses where all the members will start a course on the same date in the future.
Lets say you want to setup a membership site to sell online courses. The courses will last ten weeks, with all participants in the course starting at the same time and going through the course as a group.
So a person may purchase a course today that won’t start until a month from today. Courses must be paid for in full before a person can participate
How to Set It Up
Let’s take this Step by Step.
- First, grab the WP eMember plug-in from here (if you don’t have it already).
- Do the basic setup of your plugin (you can watch the setup video tutorials here).
Create Membership Levels
- Create 10 Membership levels (1 for each week)
- Setup your auto update sequence (optional). You want to set it up so that the members get auto promoted to the next week every 7 days. You can learn how to setup auto update sequence here.
- Create/Add your course content and protect them accordingly. Learn the various content protection methods here.
Selling The Membership
Now that you have your membership plugin setup and the course content ready and protected let’s move go to the next step.
- Create a new membership level. This level will be used as an intermediate membership level to collect all the members for this course.
- When a member pre-purchases and signs up for this course you will put them in the intermediate membership level you created in the previous step.
- The video tutorials will show you how to sell a membership for a particular level.
Start the Course
Go to the following eMember admin interface on the day you want to start the membership.
WP eMember -> Admin Functions -> Bulk Operation
Use this option to bulk change the subscription start date to that day you are starting the course.
Finally bulk change the membership level to the first week of the course.
Now you are all set to sell your membership course.