The eMember email broadcast addon gives you the ability to send an email broadcast to your members from within the WordPress dashboard.
This isn’t the same as sending an email to an existing list through a 3rd party like AWeber, MailChimp, or GetResponse. However the ‘Autoresponder Integration’ feature built into the main eMember plugin does allow for members to be added to your lists automatically. This is more meant for those that do not use a 3rd party email marketing provider, or just want to send a quick email to all (or a selection of) members.
Installing The Add-On Is Like Installing Any Other Plugin
- Upload the “emember-email-broadcast.zip” file via the WordPress’s plugin uploader interface (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload)
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Email Broadcast interface from the eMember dashboard menu.
Be sure that the WP eMember plugin is already installed and activated or else the add on will have no use.
How To Send An Email Broadcast
The email broadcast feature is a flexible way to send emails to all or some of the members of your membership site. You have the ability to send to: members of one or more specific membership levels, one or more specific members, only active members, only inactive members, only pending members, only expired members, or of course to all members as mentioned.
Follow the quick steps below to send a message:
1) Enter in a Subject line for the email.
2) Enter in a Message to send and include any “tokens” (or shortcodes) to fill in certain information dynamically. You simply just have to click on a specifc token to have it placed at the end of the message. Options include: User Name, First Name, Last Name, Member Since Date, Membership Level, Account State (active or pending etc), Gender, Company, Email, Phone, and Subsrciption Starts Date.
3) Optionally enter in a Signature.
4) Specify a Send Date.
5) Select from the different options for who you want to send the email to.
6) Click Send!
The eMember Email Broadcast addon is FREE for all customers who purchased WP eMember plugin from us.
Download the Addon
You can download this addon from the addon download area of our customer only support forum
Using Emoji in Your Email Subject or Body
If you want to use Emoji in your Email Subject or Body, then you will need to make sure the Database table columns for the email broadcaster addon uses a collation value of “utf8mb4_unicode_ci”. You can go to PHPMyAdmin of your site to access your WordPress database and then view the “wp_eMember_email_broadcast” database table to make modifications.