Below is a list of the main features of the WP eMember Plugin:
- Ability to selectively protect the posts, pages, categories and comments
- Selectively protect full or section of a post or page.
- Ability to set protection settings for posts and pages in bulk from eMember’s dashboard or set the protection of a particular WordPress post or page while editing/creating it in the editor
- Ability to protect a section of a post or page for a specific member or for a membership level
- Teaser content – Ability to use “more” tag protection to create teaser content
- Secure RSS feeds – Secure RSS feeds allow your members to view their membership material in their RSS reader
- Login restriction by IP Address – If the number of login attempts from different IP addresses exceed the specified limit then the member’s account will be locked
- Ability to disable simultaneous member login using the same member account details (two users cannot log-in to the same account at the same time). Helpful when you want to prevent member login sharing
- Domain Level/Sitewide Lockdown – ability to restrict anonymous visitor access to your site at a domain level (the site won’t even load unless the visitor logs in as a member). The only page the visitor will be able to access on the site when not logged in is the “Join Us” page.
- Ability to use download folder protection option (users will need to provider their login credentials to download any file from the protected folder)
- Google First Click Free (GFCF) – eMember lets you use Google First Click Free feature so your protected content can be indexed by Google search if you want (view full details).
- You can make it to where only your members can comment on the site but everyone else can see the comments.
- Unlimited membership levels – Your membership site can have as many “levels” as you need
- Unlimited members. You can have an unlimited number of members with the eMember plugin
- Multi-level access option – Give your members access to multiple levels within your membership site.
- Flexible membership options- eMember gives you the flexibility to create different types of membership levels. Example, free, trial, and paid memberships
- A member can buy multiple membership levels. In this scenerio the member will be able to access content from all the different membership levels that he/she purchased.
- Subscription length control. You can control the length of each member’s access to your membership site. A membership will automatically expire when the set time has been reached (e.g. 7 days, 1 month, 1 year etc)
- One time payment membership option – if you do not want to offer a subscription based membership then you can use the one time payment option (example, a once off payment of $49.95 for a full year membership)
- Ability to configure membership level expiry using a few different options. For example, expire after XX number of days or expire on a fixed date or expire when subscription is cancelled etc.
- Auto Upgrade – You can setup scheduled upgrade of member’s membership level (e.g a member of silver membership will be automatically upgraded to gold membership after 1 month). This model can be used to drip content or deliver course materials to students in a timely fashion
- Ability to manually approve members after they register. Members will not be able to log in until you manually approve their account
- There is also an option to send members an email when you approved their accounts.
- Ability to schedule automatic renewal email notice to the members before their membership account gets expired
- Ability to bulk send emails to your members
Setup and Design
- Simple installation with new and existing WordPress blog – Turn your existing or new WordPress blog into a membership site by simply installing the WP eMember and configuring a few basic settings.
- Fully automated membership system.
- Source code is non-encrypted – If you are a developer and would like to make customizations for your install then you are welcome to do so.
- Ability to customize what fields show up on the registration and edit profile forms
- Easy member management. You can easily view your members, their registration status, membership level etc.
- Bookmarking feature – your members can bookmark their favourite posts and pages then view their bookmarks later.
- Login redirection – Control the first page your members view when they login. You can specify a different redirection page for each membership level. This is very useful for adding welcome messages, information for that membership level, updates, news and events etc.
- Membership login can be placed in a post, page, or sidebar.
- Ability to show your member profiles to other users of the site.
- Ability to display various details of the logged in member using shortcodes.
- You can save hidden admin notes for each member that is only visible to admin of the site.
- Ability to configure auto “account expiry” reminder notification email.
- It can automatically send emails to your members whose accounts are about to expire.
- It can automatically send emails to your members whose accounts have expired.
- Compatible with the current version of WordPress.
- Lightweight – WP eMember is a lightweight and easy to use membership plugin.
- WP eMember is compatible with all properly coded (valid xHTML code) themes.
- Ability to display a list of all the membership level(s) that belong to a user (very handy if you use the multiple membership levels per user feature).
- Shortcodes to display your members list to other users.
- You can set which user roles can access the admin dashboard side of eMember. The user with “admin” permission can access the admin dashboard by default.
- The members menu shows you all the members who have signed up.
- You can quickly view a list of all members or just your active members.
- You can view a list of soon to expire member accounts of your site.
- Ability to export all your members profile data to a CSV file.
- You can filter the list by membership level and search member records from this interface.
- Ability to edit any member’s information by clicking the “edit” link.
- Ability to manually add member data via the “Add Member” interface.
- You can generate a comma separated email list of your members (for email marketing purpose)
- The members interface also lets you manage user blacklisting.
- The membership level interface lets you configure membership levels and allows you to apply content protection for each levels you have.
- There is an Admin Functions interface that has various little utility type functionality. These functionalities can be handy when running a big membership site.
- The settings interface lets you enabled/disable various features of the plugin.
Member Login Related
- Ability to place the member login widget anywhere on your site
- Ability to use a compact login option (view more details)
- Ability to use a Fancy login option (a login window pops up when the login link is clicked). There are two different fancy login options for you to choose from
- Ability to setup an after login redirection page (this allows you to set the first page your members see when they login). You can also customize this on a per membership level basis so that members from different membership levels can have different after login landing page
- Option to automatically log your member into the site right after the registration
- Ability to force your members to re-authenticate after XX minutes of browsing. When you enable this feature the members will get logged out after XX minutes from their sign in time and they will need to re-login
- User login restriction by IP address
- Disable simultaneous user/member login
- WordPress shows an admin toolbar at the top of the site to the users that are logged in (this can be confusing for some members). Our plugin has an option to hide that admin toolbar in the front-end of your site.
Member Registration Form
- Ability to customize what fields are included in the member registration form
- Ability to add custom registration fields to the member registration form (view more details)
- Real time registration form field validation
- Single registration form for all types of membership to help you keep a clean and simple setup.
- Ability to show a terms and conditions checkbox in the registration form. Users have to agree to your terms before they can become a member.
- Ability to setup an automatic after registration redirection (can be used to redirect the user to a specific page just after they complete the registration)
- Pre-integrated with the WP eStore plugin. This allows you to accept membership payment via any payment gateway supported by eStore. You can also display a member’s purchase history when they make purchases using eStore.
- Simple PayPal button integration. You can use the eMember with a simple PayPal button for one time payments and recurring payments
- ClickBank Integration.
- Integrates easily with BBPress 2.0+ forum plugin. View details here.
- Can be integrated with AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse to automatically sign up the members to your Autoresponder list when they register for a member account
- Can be integrated with the MailPoet Newsletter plugin to signup your members to that plugin’s list.
- Can be integrated with WooCommerce so you can sell membership access via WooCommerce products.
- Can be integrated with any plugin that uses WordPress user role/capability feature. View detail here.
- Free technical support – please see our support options here
- Free lifetime plugin updates
Check the following video for a feature tour of WP eMember:
Visit the WP eMember (WordPress Membership) plugin page.