Categories: Wordpress Plugin
The WordPress Audio Player plugin is a compact HTML5 + flash hybrid based WordPress plugin which can be used to play an audio file (.mp3 or .ogg). The audio player is compatible with all major browsers and devices (Android, iPhone).
- If you are selling audio files from your site then you can use this plugin to offer a preview
- If you do podcasting then this audio player can be used to embed the audio files on WordPress posts or pages
- The audio player is compact so it doesn’t take a lot of real estate on your webpage
- HTML5 compatible so the audio files embedded with this plugin will play on iOS devices
Audio Player Plugin Screenshot
The following two images show how the audio player looks when it is playing and not playing a music file.
When the play button is clicked, the button will change to a pause button allowing users to pause the music playback.
Audio Player Plugin Installation and Usage
- Go to the ‘Add New’ plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Click the ‘upload’ tab
- Browse for the plugin file (sc_audio_player.zip)
- Click ‘Install Now’ and then activate the plugin
- Use the following shortcode to embed an audio file anywhere on your site
[sc_embed_player fileurl="URL OF THE MP3 FILE"]
Using Auto Play Option
Use the “autoplay” parameter in the shortcode to play the audio file on page load. Here is an example shortcode with autoplay option:
[sc_embed_player autoplay=true fileurl="http://www.example.com/wp-content/uploads/my-music/mysong.mp3"]
Specifying a Volume Level
Use the optional “volume” parameter in the shortcode to specify a volume level for the audio. You can use a value between 0 – 100 for the volume level. Here is an example shortcode usage:
[sc_embed_player volume="50" fileurl="http://www.example.com/wp-content/uploads/my-music/mysong.mp3"]
The above will set the volume level of the audio file to 50.
Download The Latest Version
Works with the latest version of WordPress.
Requires WordPress 3.0 or higher.
Check out our projects page for more cool WordPress plugins.