This is a step by step and easy to follow guide that will help you setup your own blog from the start. This guide is not to motivate someone to start blogging. It is best suited for someone who already made the decision to start a blog and need some step by step direction of the whole process.
Who Should Use This Guide?
It goes without saying that the following information is for those that know that hard work generates reward.
This guide is intended for anyone who is looking for an answer to any of the following questions:
- how do I setup a blog?
- how to start a blog and maintain it?
Now, starting a blog is easy but in order to be able to successfully monetize the blog, you need to establish the blog. In this guide, I have also covered the topics that help you establish your blog so you can monetize it.
There is a lot of good content to go through, so it is a good idea to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later and go over the content at your own pace.
Blog Setup (Getting started)
- Getting a good domain name
- Getting a cheap and reliable web hosting solution
- Setup WordPress on your blog
- Selecting a nice theme for your WordPress blog
- What WordPress plugins to use
- WordPress system integration 101
- Creating your blog posts
- Creating your blog pages
- Adding images to your blog
- Using WordPress’s media library
- Video answers to top WordPress questions [New]
Creating Content For Your Blog
- Leveraging Content Creation by Repurposing with Value
- 6 Tips For Writing Blog Articles Faster
- 6 Tips to Help Ignite Your Creativity and Increase Your Success
- Finding New Blog Topics
- How to Write Article Headlines to Attract More Visitors
- What Can Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Teach You About Online Business
- Top 10 Ways to Write Attention-Getting Headlines & Content
Establishing Your Blog
- Done Writing Quality Content – What’s Next?
- Sherlock Holmes’ Approach To Building a Popular Blog
- Tips on Writing Headlines for Your Articles and Landing Pages
- How to Create Content to Attract Links
- The 3 Ingredients of The Secret Sauce of Successful Blogging
- Blog Commenting Strategy
- 11 Effective Ways to Boost Your Blog Readership
- Tips on How to be a Better Blogger
- CreAction: A New Formula For Blog Success
- 8 Steps for Building a Successful Internet Business Partnership
- Installing Google Analytics Tracking to Your Site
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 6 SEO Strategies That Can Generate Highly Targeted Traffic
- WordPress Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Plugins to Speed Up Your WordPress Site
- Top 3 Common Reasons for a Slow WordPress Site
- Web Analytics 101 – Learn Which Analytics Data You Should be Using
- How to Do Split Testing on Your WordPress Site Using Google Website Optimizer
- 5 Tips On How To Make Your Blog Visitors Stay Longer
- How the Google Algorithm Penguin Update will Affect You
- How to Select Keywords For Google AdWords
- Essential WordPress Blog security tips – protect your blog from attacks
- Advanced WordPress Security Tips
- What Would You Do If Somehow You Lost all Your Blog’s Content?
Making Money from Your Blog
- PPC ad (Pay Per click)
- CPM ad (cost per thousand impression)
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Adsense
- Sponsored ad
- Making Money from Affiliate Marketing
- Running a Blog to Promote Affiliate Products
- Producing Content to Earn a Living Online
- Adding PayPal Payment Buttons to the Sidebar of Your Site [New]
- How to Easily Create a Simple WordPress Store Online for Free
- Monetizing a Site Through AdSense
- 7 Steps to Profiting from Niche Affiliate Adsense Sites with WordPress
- Generate Income from Content Passively with Amazon, AdSense, and Donations
- How to Make Money Online with a Cooking Recipe Blog
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Sales Page Conversion
- Write High Converting Product Descriptions for Your eCommerce Store
- Should You Lower or Increase the Product Price to Increase Revenue?
- How the Word “Leverage” Can Increase Your Blog’s Income
- Business Idea: niche Geo Targeted Classifieds Newspaper
- How to Make Money on YouTube
- Internet Marketing Sales Funnel 101
- Developing an Article Marketing Strategy for Your Online Business
- Facebook Promotion 101: How to Develop a Like Campaign
- 8 Formatting Tips For Your Blog That Can Help Maximize Your Conversions
- Choosing The Right Keywords For Your Ad Campaigns (Part 1)
- Choosing The Right Keywords For Your Ad Campaigns (Part 2)
- How to Increase Your Online Persuasion Abilities
- Understanding the Importance of Landing and Sales Pages
- 6 Things That You Should Avoid Doing on Your Landing Page
- Attract Customers To Your WordPress e-Commerce Store
- A Selection of E-commerce Platforms For Non-WordPress Sites [New]
- Your Top Tips For The One Person Marketing Department
- How To Generate Leads Online Without Spending Money
- The 5 Fundamentals of Email Marketing
- 7 Creative Email List Bribes That will Rapidly Grow Your Email List
- Using an Autoresponder and Email Marketing Software
- Create An Email Newsletter That Makes Readers Want to Return to Your Blog
- 10 Tips for Writing an Autoresponse Email
- How Focus Can Help You Build a Successful Blog
- Importance of Ethics for Your Online Success
- Five habits to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Are Your Habits the Barrier to Your Online Business Success
- How to Handle Negative Comments
- Stress Management Tips
- Tips to Increase Creativity and Productivity
Useful Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Tips to Reduce the storage and bandwidth usage
- How to query and show a specific post in WordPress
- Protect your WordPress site from comment spam trick
- How to control access of the web robots
- Use Favicons to make your blog stand out from the crowd
- Separate Pingbacks and Trackbacks from Comments in the comments section
- How To Add Google Web fonts To Your WordPress Theme
- How to Link Your WordPress Site to Facebook
- Tricks and Treats to Scare up Engagement for Halloween
Tools of The Trade
- How to Add Favicons to Your WordPress Site
- 8 Geeky tools every blogger must use
- Top SEO tools and addons
- How to Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS
- How to Move Your WordPress Blog to a New Host
- List of the Best and Must Use WordPress Plugins
To be updated…
We will be writing and publishing the bits and pieces of how to start a blog from scratch and make money online over the next few months as time permits.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comment section below and we will follow it up.
Comments (177 responses)
Good advice for any beginner who wants to start a blog to generate an extra income from them. I appreciated.
This is a wealth of information at my fingertips! I like how you structured the links on this page in such an organized manner. I think that if you want to be a successful blogger you need to create multiple streams of income and not just depend on one to get you to the top.
If you are new, obviously don’t try to fit all of these income streams in at one time. You should build on it and work on one at a time. Slowly build your income. Think of it in terms of a job. When you start out at a job you don’t usually start making the big bucks right away. After time and experience come into play, then you start making more and more money with raises and promotions. Now you can make a ton more money online than a typical job but it is the same concept!
Thank you for this great resource!
Amazing post . Helped a lot. It have detailed list of everything in blogs. Seems very hard work is put into it. And hard work is always appreciated.
Talk about being detailed! I was glued to every word! I’m a new blogger and it’s a relief to see all these tips here because I’m gonna need them.
I’m more of a personal blogger, because I love writing, but if I happen to make money in the process? Awesome!
One thing I’m still confused about is email marketing. I can write the blog content no problem, but when it comes to list building (and writing an about page lol) I feel like a lost cause.
Your post made me realize just how much I have to learn.
People who start to blog always thing of making money which tends them toward failure. In my opinion bloggers should choose the topic which interests them. They don’t think about making money. It’s about knowledge, try to learn more and don’t think about money stuff. There are many top blog topics to make money online but you can get success only with the topic you like to write on. Try to choose your topic for the blog. Making money is very easy, don’t think about it much.
My belief is that, your business = your niche. Many starters are entering online by picking up the most competitive niches, without a passion or vision for their niche.
I saw a lot of affiliates who are starting with make money online, weight loss or dating niche, without a clue of what they are doing.
They end up frustrated and confused, jumping from product to product. What I hate about those products is that they are teaching you the same thing written different.
For 13 years I only see this system in any product that I bought:
1. Get a squeeze page. 2. Drive traffic through ads 3.Get an autoresponder. 4. Collect leads. 5. Market to the leads. What I don’t see mentioned is “choosing your niche” the niche that you are passionate about.
There is one more problem BIG in 2016. 99% of marketing emails are now going into the Offers tab in Gmail. People started to ignore that tab.
I feel disgusted by the spammy way people are marketing these days.
The conclusion? Build a site around a niche that you have a burn desire for (ex. Harry Potter’s Passive income Plan) a niche that comes to you as an idea, invent something no one else has and stop duplicating the same “gurus” methods over and over again.
Thank you for your time, reading my comment!
Really if you are looking forward a blog that how to make money from blogging then you have across in the right place. You will get a lot of good resources from here..Really I haven’t written any blog but I have got good vibes from here.So will start very soon :). I want to tell you one thing that through this blog I learned my shortcoming and my mistakes too.Thank you for putting your great effort..!!!
Amazing article. Thank-you for sharing… <3
And from nowhere close to knowing what a blog is, after reading your article I feel so confident about writing blogs !!
Appreciate the inputs and details provided.
Your blog is great. You arrange all things in one post. It really help the reader to organize content. thanks
I’ve always had passion for blogging but didn’t exactly know how to go about it. And then the issue of continuity comes in.Having gone through this beautiful and well written article, I am highly motivated. ….Thanks
I have read many how to make money from your blogs and such articles and online posts…. Never felt they were complete or were honest. Your this entire series of posts on blogging A to Z is like a bible for aspiring and seasoned bloggers. Keep up the good work and god bless you!
This is what i have been looking for. Thanks.
Highly detailed and A to Z informative. Thanks much for putting this together.
I’ve always had passion for blogging but didn’t exactly know how to go about it. And then the issue of continuity comes in.
Having gone through this beautifully and well written article, I am highly motivated. Thanks a million.
I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while. haven’t had a clue where to start. Such a great resource you have here – feeling much more confident I can do this!’ Thank you for your time and effort you’ve put into this!
That’s a really great post!!! Thank you… =)
What a great post, the information is well organized and very comprehensive. I can imagine the effort you put into this and especially appreciate you sharing it. Anyone starting a blog should make this their go to place to start. Kudos
Great article here. I’ve been running my healthcare blog for a few months and have just recently started to spend more time on it (learning wordpress, marketing strategies, etc). I’m noway near earning anything from it yet but with effort and time, hope to establish myself as a leading pharmacy blogger.
I’ll defiantly be implementing some of the information here. Many thanks!
Looks like you’ve got quite a guide here. I look forward to getting some great tips and tricks out of it!
You almost given us complete guide for starting and earning from a blog. It is like a complete reference to blogging.
You have discussed each topic in details.
thanks for sharing it here 🙂
Hello Guys, I like this and it is explained in details, it will help those facing some level of challenges in adding good content to their blog.
Excellent article for anyone who wants to start blogging. I love all the monetization suggestions you have. I appreciated that your tips are for beginners but provide value for seasoned bloggers as well.
Really… it is very helpful and supportive, great work bro !!!!!!
Trust me, this is by far the most comprehensive guide and easy to follow resource post to take your blogging journey to the next level. Thanks for providing value to us here. 🙂
Thanks for such detailed, accurate and precise info on blogging. I feel just Like reading encyclopedia on blogging subject. Thanks for sharing.
Great advice for not only beginners, but intermediate and advanced bloggers.