This is a step by step and easy to follow guide that will help you setup your own blog from the start. This guide is not to motivate someone to start blogging. It is best suited for someone who already made the decision to start a blog and need some step by step direction of the whole process.
Who Should Use This Guide?
It goes without saying that the following information is for those that know that hard work generates reward.
This guide is intended for anyone who is looking for an answer to any of the following questions:
- how do I setup a blog?
- how to start a blog and maintain it?
Now, starting a blog is easy but in order to be able to successfully monetize the blog, you need to establish the blog. In this guide, I have also covered the topics that help you establish your blog so you can monetize it.
There is a lot of good content to go through, so it is a good idea to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later and go over the content at your own pace.
Blog Setup (Getting started)
- Getting a good domain name
- Getting a cheap and reliable web hosting solution
- Setup WordPress on your blog
- Selecting a nice theme for your WordPress blog
- What WordPress plugins to use
- WordPress system integration 101
- Creating your blog posts
- Creating your blog pages
- Adding images to your blog
- Using WordPress’s media library
- Video answers to top WordPress questions [New]
Creating Content For Your Blog
- Leveraging Content Creation by Repurposing with Value
- 6 Tips For Writing Blog Articles Faster
- 6 Tips to Help Ignite Your Creativity and Increase Your Success
- Finding New Blog Topics
- How to Write Article Headlines to Attract More Visitors
- What Can Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Teach You About Online Business
- Top 10 Ways to Write Attention-Getting Headlines & Content
Establishing Your Blog
- Done Writing Quality Content – What’s Next?
- Sherlock Holmes’ Approach To Building a Popular Blog
- Tips on Writing Headlines for Your Articles and Landing Pages
- How to Create Content to Attract Links
- The 3 Ingredients of The Secret Sauce of Successful Blogging
- Blog Commenting Strategy
- 11 Effective Ways to Boost Your Blog Readership
- Tips on How to be a Better Blogger
- CreAction: A New Formula For Blog Success
- 8 Steps for Building a Successful Internet Business Partnership
- Installing Google Analytics Tracking to Your Site
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 6 SEO Strategies That Can Generate Highly Targeted Traffic
- WordPress Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Plugins to Speed Up Your WordPress Site
- Top 3 Common Reasons for a Slow WordPress Site
- Web Analytics 101 – Learn Which Analytics Data You Should be Using
- How to Do Split Testing on Your WordPress Site Using Google Website Optimizer
- 5 Tips On How To Make Your Blog Visitors Stay Longer
- How the Google Algorithm Penguin Update will Affect You
- How to Select Keywords For Google AdWords
- Essential WordPress Blog security tips – protect your blog from attacks
- Advanced WordPress Security Tips
- What Would You Do If Somehow You Lost all Your Blog’s Content?
Making Money from Your Blog
- PPC ad (Pay Per click)
- CPM ad (cost per thousand impression)
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Adsense
- Sponsored ad
- Making Money from Affiliate Marketing
- Running a Blog to Promote Affiliate Products
- Producing Content to Earn a Living Online
- Adding PayPal Payment Buttons to the Sidebar of Your Site [New]
- How to Easily Create a Simple WordPress Store Online for Free
- Monetizing a Site Through AdSense
- 7 Steps to Profiting from Niche Affiliate Adsense Sites with WordPress
- Generate Income from Content Passively with Amazon, AdSense, and Donations
- How to Make Money Online with a Cooking Recipe Blog
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Sales Page Conversion
- Write High Converting Product Descriptions for Your eCommerce Store
- Should You Lower or Increase the Product Price to Increase Revenue?
- How the Word “Leverage” Can Increase Your Blog’s Income
- Business Idea: niche Geo Targeted Classifieds Newspaper
- How to Make Money on YouTube
- Internet Marketing Sales Funnel 101
- Developing an Article Marketing Strategy for Your Online Business
- Facebook Promotion 101: How to Develop a Like Campaign
- 8 Formatting Tips For Your Blog That Can Help Maximize Your Conversions
- Choosing The Right Keywords For Your Ad Campaigns (Part 1)
- Choosing The Right Keywords For Your Ad Campaigns (Part 2)
- How to Increase Your Online Persuasion Abilities
- Understanding the Importance of Landing and Sales Pages
- 6 Things That You Should Avoid Doing on Your Landing Page
- Attract Customers To Your WordPress e-Commerce Store
- A Selection of E-commerce Platforms For Non-WordPress Sites [New]
- Your Top Tips For The One Person Marketing Department
- How To Generate Leads Online Without Spending Money
- The 5 Fundamentals of Email Marketing
- 7 Creative Email List Bribes That will Rapidly Grow Your Email List
- Using an Autoresponder and Email Marketing Software
- Create An Email Newsletter That Makes Readers Want to Return to Your Blog
- 10 Tips for Writing an Autoresponse Email
- How Focus Can Help You Build a Successful Blog
- Importance of Ethics for Your Online Success
- Five habits to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Are Your Habits the Barrier to Your Online Business Success
- How to Handle Negative Comments
- Stress Management Tips
- Tips to Increase Creativity and Productivity
Useful Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Tips to Reduce the storage and bandwidth usage
- How to query and show a specific post in WordPress
- Protect your WordPress site from comment spam trick
- How to control access of the web robots
- Use Favicons to make your blog stand out from the crowd
- Separate Pingbacks and Trackbacks from Comments in the comments section
- How To Add Google Web fonts To Your WordPress Theme
- How to Link Your WordPress Site to Facebook
- Tricks and Treats to Scare up Engagement for Halloween
Tools of The Trade
- How to Add Favicons to Your WordPress Site
- 8 Geeky tools every blogger must use
- Top SEO tools and addons
- How to Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS
- How to Move Your WordPress Blog to a New Host
- List of the Best and Must Use WordPress Plugins
To be updated…
We will be writing and publishing the bits and pieces of how to start a blog from scratch and make money online over the next few months as time permits.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comment section below and we will follow it up.
Comments (177 responses)
That was an excellent article I’ve noticed over the years that advertising on my blog wasn’t the most profitable. You can still make money but it would be wise not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Affiliate marketing can be a good money maker when properly utilized. Also, selling your own products such as an ebook is an excellent way to supplement ad income.
This is a really thorough post. I think a lot of people get lost in the forest for the trees thought. Some how they end up thinking that the blog prints paper money. In reality, the email list is what prints most of the money. The blog just facilitates getting people on your list.
Thanks for a great post!
Very Detailed info you have shared how to setup blog and make money online from blog, It is useful post for all bloggers and for those who have setup your blog and earn money from blogging.
This is a great resource, and a very complete list! By far, the most difficult aspect of blogging can be getting traffic. I about pulled my hair out trying to figure out wordpress, but finding readers was even more of a challenge. Consistency, patience and good content pays off in the end. Thanks!
I feel skeptical writing blogs again as i never had a good experience earlier. Had some blogs and no traffic. Going by your narrative and very useful blog, i hope that i will succeed in my blogging deeds:)
Oh my God, that is a very awesome resource for all the new and pro bloggers. Thanks for sharing.
Its not easy to make money blogging , but if you follow the foot steps of other you can, something worth doing will never be easy. thanks
Really nice website with loads of great content! It’s all about putting the work in first yawl & then you will see good results, eventually! Don’t give up!
Admiring the commitment you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information.
Great information all in one place. I am new to blogging and having a blast. Deciding on a niche was a bitch. I am interested in so many things that I had to follow all of them until I found my groove. It’s a big problem not settling in one niche. At the moment I am in two niches and celebrating the focus. Xx
This blog is very informative for a new blogger like myself. I wish I had access to this a while ago.
Seems like you put a lot of work into this page, a complete list of practical blog posts, teaching people how to make a successful blog.
I appreciate it,
This is by far the most comprehensive list of resources for OWNING your blog and making it a profitable money making machine. Great post thank you!
Than you so much for sharing this information with us. Your tips are relevant to new bloggers and the ones that have basic knowledge and don’t make money from it.
Really great post! Thanks,
Nice, I just started blogging so thank you for the tips!
Oh! Thanks for the great ideas.
I came looking for blogging tips but then I stumbled on your awesome post. I’ve already started blogging and am earning a little from it but your links are still very relevant. Seriously, I wouldn’t have come across those helpful posts detailing SEO techniques if not for your very helpful list. Many thanks.
Awesome tips, i was just starting Blogging. Your site give me a guide to start making money, thanks you so much!
Now, lot homework and learing to do, wish me luck!
@Anurag, I would say start a standard WP blog with a news type theme. Each of your blog posts can be a news/update item. WordPress has come a long way where it is a very good CMS platform now. You don’t have to use it only for blogs. You can create a news site using the WordPress platform. This will be cheaper and quick to get going.
Hi dear, after spending a couple of months on internet now i can say that this is a best informatic site i have ever come across. The information you hv provided are fantastic, awsome and most imp complete. for any new blogger like me here is complete guide book. It seems that u have written this after long long exp…so kindly help me with my few questions, i shall be highly obliged…I am from India and having a 8 years exp in journalism..i have quit my job and i want to enter in the field of internet business…for this purpose i have planned to start one blog on a particular topic in which my exp of journalism will help…secondly , i want to start a daily updated online news website for a particular segment of the society…kindly let me know:
1. for this news site should i start a website or blog?
2. this site will be publishing the news only for a particular segment.
3. traditional website is costing around $800 from the designer and blog will cost around $80 only….
4. I am already going to start a blog on a different niche…
So, Kindly help me with this..
Keep it up…
p.s. if possible send ur suggestion on my mail…
Great blog post! There is definitely no shortage of motivation when it pertains to successful bloggers yet often, a great deal of individuals that do not understand that there is equally as much chance of failing as there is prospering. The quantity of hard work needed may occasionally be astonishing and at that point, a great deal often be disappointed and never ever returned to try once more. Occasionally, you have to be prepared to make little to no money for months prior to things lastly begin to click.
Thanks! You’ve put some great information together here. It’s so comprehensive! I love that you included everything from the nuts and bolts of getting started to how to make money.
Will bookmark this for sure!
Wow, that is really a great list of articles covering different component of successful blogging. Haha because of your very detailed blog post, I have spent lots of time reading your blog. Time to implement some of the methods that you have mention in your blog.
nice articles, very impressive, I am also a blogger i started my blog on 1st jan 2013 so I am new with these things but i hope i will do good …
Wonderful tips! I am so glad that I found this. You put all of the information needed for successful blogging in one place. Now I dont have to search the internet for hours just to find one piece of information. 🙂
Great tips on ho how to start a blog and establish it! Your blog will help me a lot.
I have been making a few blogs that have gone viral and I have used “most” of your techniques so my advice would be that you are on the right track there. Thank you and great post.
You’ve taught me a lot with your guide. Thanks for the useful links.
This is the best step by step guide on starting a blog from scratch. Thanks for sharing such excellent information.
Oh my god, thank you so much you just made my day. Not only you take us by the hand, but you also deliver everything we need to know to start blogging the smart way. The way you write is so clear, i will definitely keep following your advices as you inspire me 🙂 I am simply addicted to this blog, super useful.
Cheers, please continue
Thanks for that step by step guide to setup a blog. I had no clue that one could have monetary benefits by blogging. You have covered all the aspects of blogging, right from setting it up to commercializing it.
This step by step guide to setup a blog has helped me tremendously! Thanks for sharing this great resource.
This almost covered all the aspects of blogging. Even myself, having several years blogging experience learned a lot！ Thank you!
Very nice article, with a lot of information to be poured through. Thank you so much for this guide (article) to starting a blog and making money from it. I have bookmarked this site and will be returning often to check out the sub-articles within this article. Thanks again, so much, very informative.
Wow am so amazed to have read this. I am a person who owns and site and a blog. I am making money through it. I hope by using the tips i got from this page will help me earn more . The way the steps given are so simple and easy to understand
I appreciate the work that you have put in this page. Really good, Thanks for sharing information…:)
Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing .
There is a lot of good content to go through, so it is a good idea to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later and go over the content at your own pace.
This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. I salute writers like you for doing a great job!
Really, the above given link are awesome and very useful.. I am liking it to implement it in my blog…simply the best…
I have been running wordpress sites and soing SEO for years and I still find your articles and guides refreshing. It is always nice to see any alternate view point.
Thanks for sharing this great list of how to start a blog and make money online, it’ll take a lot of time to check it all out, just say thank so much for sharing 🙂
First I would say, I have bookmarked this site. I have never found information like that. Admin has done good job. I think no one will say that i didn’t found information what i was looking for. because from beginning to end every details on how to create and established a blog are clearly described here. So thank you very much for writing this great post.
Thank you for the top articles. I am Blog-Beginner and surch for articles that can give me good tipps. For your Blog i need much time to read all that me interessted.
wow!! you are so amazing.
however, I just start to increase my blog traffic first. Not really intended in monetizing my blog.
thanks for sharing
Thank you so much for compiling these great articles.
I see that this collection is getting bigger and bigger. I’m happy that I bookmarked it.
Great Thread … Thanks 🙂
Excellent article. Thanks
WOw… a nice though bro. 😀 i am bloger too. but i am a newbie. THanks for this best articel. i like it.