Categories: Video Tutorial, Web Development, Wordpress
In this video tutorial we will show you how you can customize the sytle of your WordPress site easily using a FireFox addon called Firebug. You can do the same thing using Google Chrome’s inspector tool too. We’ll do this by walking you through a live example in which we will make a selection of modifications to a standard WordPress site using the TwentyEleven WordPress theme.
What is Firebug
Firebug is a handy tool which every web developer and blog owner should have in their arsenal. Firebug enables you to very easily investigate or troubleshoot almost any CSS design question or problem. It is an ideal tool for WordPress bloggers because you can use it to assist you in making modifications to your WordPress site’s styling or layout.
What will be Covered in this Video Tutorial
we will show you examples of CSS modifications for properties and scenarios such as the following:
- Changing the background color of a page
- Modifying the padding and margin properties to achieve a particular spacing between elements
- Changing the colors of text such as the main blog title and post titles
- Moving a particular element on a page by modifying some of its properties
Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS Video Part 1
Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS Video Part 2
Alternatively, you can view this videos on YouTube by going to the following links
- Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS (Video Part 1)
- Use Firebug to Modify Your WordPress Site’s CSS (Video Part 2)
Another helpful resource is the basic CSS guide.