In this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to create a manual backup of the WordPress Database at any time.
- How to turn on automatic database backups.
Resources discussed in the video:
The All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin is simple to use for backing up the WordPress database manually, as well as for scheduling automatic backups.
To install the plugin:
- From within your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins, then Add New.
- Do a search for: All In One WP Security.
- Click Install Now, then Activate.
To manually backup your database:
- Click WP Security, then Database Security.
- Click the DB Backup Tab across the top.
- Click the Create DB Backup Now button.
The database backup will be stored on the server, and be available for download via FTP. It can be found in the ‘aiowps_backups’ folder within ‘wp-content’.
If you would prefer that the database be emailed to you for offline and/or cloud storage, then you can turn on the send backup file via email feature.
To get database backups by email:
In the Automated Scheduled Backups section of the DB Backups Tab, put a check next to where it says: Send Backup File Via Email, then specify an email address, and then click the Save Settings button. This works for both the manual, as well as the scheduled backups.
To schedule backups:
In the Automated Scheduled Backups section of the DB Backups Tab, put a check next to where it says: Enable Automated Scheduled Backups, then specify the settings that you desire for Backup Time Interval and Number of Backup Files To Keep, then click the Save Settings button.