This is a tutorial for the video answers to top WordPress questions series that we have been publishing on this site to help users get started with WordPress.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to use a WordPress Page as your Blog Page, as opposed to using the Home Page as the Blog Page.
- How to add the newly created Blog Page to the Navigation Menu in your web site.
Steps to Create a Blog Page
- After logging into the WordPress Dashboard, click Pages, then click the Add New button.
- Enter a title for the page, and then click Publish.
- Hover over Settings in the WordPress Menu, and then click Reading.
- In the Front Page Displays section at the top, the Static Page option should be selected.
- Select your newly created page from the Posts Page list.
- Scroll down and click the Save Changes button.
Adding Your Blog Page to the Navigation Menu
- Hover over the Appearance Menu, and click Menus.
- Create a new menu if there isn’t one already created. Do so by adding a Menu Name, then clicking the Create Menu button.
- Your theme will have defined Locations for the Menus. Select the most appropriate menu location, then click Save Menu.
- In the Pages section on the left side, choose your newly created Blog Page, then click Add to Menu. Click Save Menu again.
- Visit your web site to see the newly created Blog Page in action.