Do you use Gmail? Sure, you use Gmail but do you really use Gmail? Did you know that most of the Gmail users don’t even take full advantage of this powerful webmail service?
Gmail Archive is your friend. How many times did you delete an email and there was a useful phone number or address in the email? Many of use like to keep a clean inbox, Gmail Archive allows you to do that without having to delete the email. Read the 9 Reasons to Archive to learn more.
Labels are like folders. Label is a really good way to organize and sort your emails. If you are not sure how to use labels then you can learn it from Google’s help centre.
Gmail engineers come up with new ideas all the time. Gmail Labs is the place to try them out. The Gmail Lab can be accessed from the ‘Settings’ menu (Click on ‘Settings’ then ‘Labs’).
There are a ton of useful gadgets in Gmail Lab. Below are a few examples:
- Tasks: The ‘Tasks’ gadget help you keep track of what you need to do and what you have already done.
- Default ‘Reply to all’: Make ‘Reply to all’ your default option for responding to emails.
- Navbar drag and drop: Allows you to reorder the items in your navbar using drag and drop.
- Vacation Time: Lets you specify starting and ending dates for the vacation auto responder.
- Google Calendar gadget: Adds a box in the left column which shows your Google Calendar. See upcoming events, locations, and details.
- Google Docs gadget: Adds a box in the left column which displays your Google Docs. Shows recent docs, starred docs, and has fast search.
Spice up your inbox with cool colours and themes. Gmail themes can be accessed from the ‘Settings’ menu (Click on ‘Settings’ then ‘Themes’).
There are many more useful features and functionalities that Gmail already offers. All you need to do is explore them and take full advantage of Gmail by using the ones that suits your need. Please suggest your favourite Gmail feature(s) through the comment area below.
Wow I didnt know it had these features thanks for the info I rarely use gmail but I will now.