We published a tutorial on how to create a Custom Page Template in WordPress a while back. Since then we received many requests from our readers to create a video tutorial on this topic so we are following up with a video tutorial covering the basics on how to create a custom WordPress page template.
Why Use a Custom WordPress Page Template?
If you want to create an optimized landing page in WordPress that looks different than a normal page then you need to use a custom WordPress page template. A custom page template will allow you to control every aspect of how a particular page looks like without having to change any design of your blog or switching to a different WordPress theme.
You can use custom WordPress page templates to:
- Create unique looking sales page for your product(s)
- Create your newsletter opt-in page designed for maximum conversion
- Create a landing page for your affiliates
- Create a funnel page to capture leads
- Create a portfolio page
- Create a custom gallery page
- Create a custom join us page for your membership site
- and the list goes on
If you need a little help with the CSS side of things when designing your custom page template then checkout the article on firebug and CSS.
Check out our eBook on how to create landing pages that convert.